Monday, April 24, 2006

Ever Heard of a Rendezvous?

...I have! I just got back from one. It's an opportunity for people (mostly men, but some women) to get together to re-live the days of early settlers and shoot black powder rifles and buy/sell their wares. Although I was pretty reluctant at first, I've come to enjoy the rare Rendezvous that I get to go to. They are full of colorful characters and beautiful scenery. Well, not all of them have the greatest scenery, but Railroad Flats (near Jackson) is very pretty. In the morning, you can see buffalo grazing in the pasture across the road. Of course, my camera battery died that morning. I've put together the pictures that I DID get, and stole some of Donavan's.

This was also an opportunity for Adrian to try out his 'tentler'--a recent purchase, and a good one, in my opinion. I like not having to get dressed laying down! As with any trial run, we came home with a 'to do' list for the next trip. All in all, a great weekend with friends and nature.

Okay, it's not letting me load my little collage, so I'll try again later. These are some of Donavan's pics.




This is how I camp. Book and iPod. Ahhhh, nature!

I caught me a frog! You can barely see him, but he was cute. They were alllll over the place.


I caught Aarin and Donavan napping with Abby watching over them.

No comments: