Saturday, January 19, 2008

Tight times...

The writer's strike is really starting to get to me. Isn't that sad? After the girls have gone to bed, I like to flip through the DVR and escape for a while. Sadly, there are no new episodes left of my favorite escapes. Sure, The Daily Show and Colbert are back, but without their writers. It's just not the same. Sooooo...we've begun searching for shows that are new to US!


We really love this one. You don't have to have one ounce of "car person" in you. These guys are just too funny:




And if you have a Jane Austen obsession like I do, you're tickled that Masterpiece Theatre is running The Complete Jane Austen!


Pride and Prejudice--while I love the Kiera Knightley version, this one is the gold standard.



And these have always been favorites. There's something to be said for shows that don't follow the traditional TV season:







I'm one of those people who likes fast dialogue (read: Aaron Sorkin shows and The Gilmore Girls). Plus, I get all of their odd movie and 80's references.



This comes back on the 31st. Eight precious episodes!


And of course, fewer hours spent watching the tube have allowed me to get started on this:



No comments: