Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Salads {or How I Haven't Quite Got the Hang of My New Lens Yet}

I decided to take pictures of the yummy salads that I made tonight. We here at Rawlings Manor are still making a concerted effort not only to waste less, but to live better! We've been hitting the gym in the evenings, and we're trying to eat more healthfully. Personally, I have begun to follow The South Beach Diet. It's not in an effort to lose weight (although I could probably stand to lose about 5 lbs, according to my clothes), but rather an effort to cut down tremendously on my intake of processed foods and sugar. I know every individual is very different, but I just don't think my body handles sugar very well. I just feel so much better when I avoid it. My skin clears up, my moods are very even, my head is clearer, and I have more energy--and this is only after a few days on the diet! I've always been a huge "grazer," because my reliance on processed food has left me hungry most of the time. I'm not hungry when I eat this way. I'm satisfied. There was a time when I really didn't get near most vegetables, and now I eat them all the time. Plus, it's just such a wonderful feeling knowing that you're putting good fuel into your body! The girls are big salad-eaters, as well. They'll eat raw spinach! ...and then they'll have cookies. But hey--raw spinach! It's a Superfood, you guys!

And yes, I'm still getting the hang of this lens. I'm not sure my goal was to have ONLY the bleu cheese in focus.

My salad.

One of the girls' salads. They get extra fruit.
The sliced chicken is left over from last night's Chicken Parmesan w/out breadcrumbs...so good!


Charlotte was done w/ the photo session. She wanted dinner to start.

No comments: