Saturday, March 01, 2008

Ch-ch-ch changes...



I am SO very glad that the weather is finally changing, aren't you? We all needed some Vitamin D in our lives. I really think I have Seasonal Affective Disorder, because I get so blue when it's gloomy for too long. The girls have been out in force, playing in their playhouse and riding their trikes. Of course, all I have to offer are indoor pictures. I'll try and lug the camera outside soon.

Now that the weather is warming up, it's time for spring cleaning! I was contemplating hiring someone to come and clean our carpets, but I went ahead and sprang for this bad boy:

Holy cow! This thing rocks. I get a little overly-excited about clean carpets and vacuuming, and I've come to realize that most of the rest of the world doesn't. Last night I did the living room after the girls went to bed, and today I'm working my way through other rooms. The house smells so much cleaner!



Another change that's happening is that my coaching position was cut. It wasn't cut by the District, as it's restricted funds, but the President cut Reading First by 63%. Next year there will only be 2 coaches and a coordinator, vs. the 7 coaches we have now. I had signed on for one year anyway, and I'm guaranteed my 2nd grade spot after this year-long absence. My learning curve was STEEP this year, and I've worked with some incredible people. It has definitely changed how I look at teaching, and I'm eager to take what I've learned back into the classroom.


Change is good. Enjoy the weekend!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Hi Sally, so the vacuum rocks, huh? I need to get our carpets done...may look into a new vacuum instead!:-)
Are you going back to your previous school next year?Sorry to hear the coaches got cut!