Sunday, July 16, 2006

32.....it's the new 31!!!

So, I turned 32 today. How did that happen? Sheesh. Yahoo! just happened to have a 'what happened on July 16 in history' link up today, so I browsed. The Catcher in the Rye was published (kinda cool). The District of Columbia became the seat of our government (obviously important). The first parking meters were installed (eh). Apollo 11 blasted off from Cape Kennedy so that they might later embark on their historic moonwalk (obviously cool). Oh.....and Sadaam Hussein was elected President of Iraq! So, yeah...I suppose we take the good with the bad. And I don't like to brag, but I was also born on the very same day as Orville Redenbacher AND Corey Feldman! Icons, people! ICONS!

More importantly, I got to spend my weekend surrounded by good friends and family and lots of yummy food! I got some really cool gifts. My camera is dead, so I'll be sure to post some pics when it's good and charged. I have some crafty friends!

Also, my Jen came to see me! She brought Becca with her, so we got to spend some time doing digi-scrapping and catching up, and the rest of the time having fun with our girls. The girls are so in love with Becca! She's older, and can spin and hop. That's HUGE in their book. They were starstruck and cried buckets when she left. I wish I could see them everyday. Jen taught me so much today, so I was inspired to make a new page with some of the elements that she taught me. Hope you guys like.

No comments: